Technical Support Engineer/Tester
Technical Support Engineer for the company's software product.
- Providing technical support for Remote Utilities software to English- and Russian-speaking customers and resellers via e-mail.
- Executing one-time tests in order to reproduce the customer’s issue and then reporting found bugs to the development team.
- Responding to technical-related customer posts on the English and Russian community forums.
- Documenting troubleshooting and problem resolution steps and adding them to the product knowledge base.
- Updating tutorials, user manuals and other technical documentation in both languages (Russian and English) when necessary.
- Provide technical assistance to the company’s Sales department when necessary.
- Performing pre-release product testing according to a Test Plan provided by the development team.
At least 1 year at technical-related jobs in a software company, preferably in technical/customer support, testing or development.
- Strong English (written) and Russian (written and verbal) communication skills.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Good understanding of general technology: computers, networks, protocols, software, Internet.
- Ability to function in a self-directed environment.
- Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive, and readily embraces change.
- Ability to maintain friendly and professional tone when communicating to a customer.
Higher technical education.